Having a million dollar smile is now completely possible for everyone because of dental veneers. So go ahead and smile your best as it not only increase your face value but also gives you the confidence to face todays highly competitive world.
Dental veneers are mainly a very thin layer of ceramic/other aesthetic material stuck onto the front surface of the tooth. It forms a very important yet basic procedure in smile designing which can be used to close minor gaps between the teeth and hide crooked teeth . They are mainly categorized into two:
1. Composite veneers: These are quick single sitting veneers where a thin layer of composite is placed on the tooth which is directly fabricated in the mouth or it can be processed in the laboratory .The only disadvantage is that these veneers get stained due to food habits and hence need to be polished once a year.
2. Ceramic veneers : These veneers, also known as porcelain veneers or laminates provide the best aesthetics and shade . They are then customized fabrication done in the laboratory and then stuck on the tooth using special cements
1. Presence of discoloured single or multiple teeth which cannot be corrected by whitening or bleaching
2. irregularly shaped teeth or broken teeth with worn edges.
3. Teeth having gaps in between them and where the patient does not wish to wear braces.
In the first sitting the tooth to be veneered is evaluated clinically, X rays are taken and impressions are taken to study the case.
In the second sitting once the correct shade is taken , the tooth is trimmed upto 0.5mm and then a final impression is taken . This procedure can be done without the use of dental anaesthesia.
The third appointment mainly involves trial of the veneer and patient consent.
The final appointment mainly involves the veneer being stuck on the tooth surface with a special resin cement.